Frocktober Day 5 involved a fabulous family day out, with a trip to the harbourside to view the Naval Fleet Review, with helicopter and plane flybys. Including somewhat of a circular walk all the way to Circular Quay where we discovered all access to the Royal Botanic Gardens was blocked off. A significant trot down Art Gallery Road ensued. Apparently, the public space of the Royal Botanic Garden was reserved for VIPs and paid ticket holders. Broke my little egalitarian heart, I have to tell you. Public space for the public, I say.
Click here to read all about Frocktober, the OCRF and Team Kimba Likes.
Saturday’s weather was just perfect for the slice of sunshine that is my floaty printed cotton Country Road maxi in red, orange, ochre and yellow. I just love the way it trails behind me as I walk down the stairs, princess style. Not only gorgeous fabric, but also an extremely flattering cut with a fitted bodice and then flowing in curved tiers. It also has a rather fancy pants double cross over strap arrangement, which I completely ruined by wearing with a charcoal bra, instead of the discreet strapless bra I should have worn. I simply wasn’t expecting to remove my jacket so I opted for comfort. The forecasted 21 degrees was, in fact, at least 28 degrees.
Comfort ruled my footwear choice as well, with my trusty Mox rubber flats being pressed into service once more. Thank goodness, as we did wind up going on rather a wander – we definitely earned our afternoon froyo! My rather fabulous DKNY studded patchwork cropped denim jacket added a little tough pretty. Purchased from Macy’s on my Big Four Oh My Gods shopping trip to the fabulousness that is South Coast Plaza in LA, it was reduced to half price, then reduced again at the sales counter. Upon discovering I did not possess a Macy’s card, I was also given a ‘tourist discount’. Sadly, this was not a regular occurrence!
Faux Fuchsia’s #Sequinsarekey campaign – to raise awareness of the plight of homeless sequins – prompted a very pretty Alannah Hill sparkly hairbow, teamed with my Tiffany & Co 1837 silver pendant and platinum and white gold pave diamond heart – both gifts from the Welshman. He has fabulous taste in gift giving, to match his fabulous taste in women.
Thanks to Faux Fuchsia for the excellent excuse, although I probably would have opted for sequins for Saturday anyway. As you do. Embellishment and sequins are also a cause dear to my heart. Why don’t you join in the sparkly fun too?
Shop My Style
- Chimu Maxi Dress by Orientique from Birdsnest | $89.95| click here to purchase | $4.95 express shipping
- I’m Ready Honey headband by Alannah Hill | $49 | click here to purchase | free domestic shipping
- Mox rubber flats in Sherbet | $49.95 reduced to $39.95 | click here to purchase
- DKNY denim jacket | $130 RRP Buy It Now $89.50 eBay | click here to purchase
Any affiliate payments I may receive from purchases made from Frocktober Shop My Style links will be donated to Frocktober to benefit the OCRF. Have you ever needed a better excuse to shop?
Team Kimba Likes
How you can help
Please click here to donate to Team Kimba Likes. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock, or accessories, to be worn and styled by Kimba during Frocktober, as well as shared all over social media.
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Kimba’s Frocktober images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Team Kimba Likes images from Deauvanne, Rona, Kimba and Rachel
- Shop My Style images from Mox, Birdnest, Alannah Hill, eBay
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so. During Frocktober, any affiliate commisions earned from Shop My Style links in Frocktober posts will be donated to Frocktober for the benefit of OCRF.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.