brought to you by HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion and Kids Business
Have you tried microdermabrasion? I’m a big fan, and just adore how my skin looks and feels after a professional treatment. However, my bank balance isn’t such a fan – it can get very expensive.
I was offered the opportunity to trial and review a home microdermabrasion device, the HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion. I have to be honest – I was slightly apprehensive about the product, but after trialling the HoMedics Newa and HoMedics Skin+ facial skincare devices, my confidence was boosted, and I willingly turned myself into a test subject.
HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion | how it works
Let’s start with the basics – what is microdermabrasion? It’s a non-surgical procedure to rejuvenate the skin by powerful mechanical exfoliation. It works by removing the uppermost layer of dead skin cells exposing the supple, glowing layer of skin underneath.
Or, as I say, microdermabrasion is like vacuuming your skin with diamonds.
The HoMedics Radiance has a diamond tip to provide effective exfoliation. There are two diamond tips included – one for normal and one for sensitive skin.
Combined with gentle vacuum massage, the HoMedics Radiance removes dead skin cells and stimulates the new skin layer beneath.
This results in skin that looks healthier, and feels smoother and firmer.
For reals. You should feel my skin. After a treatment, I insist that everyone within shouting distance comes and feels my skin!
The HoMedics Radiance is professional salon quality, perfect for face, neck and hands, suitable for all skin types, and has undergone clinical testing. It is $249 RRP and available at Shaver Shop and Myer.
The device has:
- two diamond tips for normal and sensitive skin
- four levels for different skin zones and comfort levels
- replaceable filters for quick and easy cleaning and to prolong the life of the device
- cordless design with USB or electrical charging
- body and precision tips can be purchased separately
HoMedics Radiance Microdermabrasion | in use
It is best to start treatment at a gentle pace. Start off using the device just once a week, and build to 2-3 times a week if your skin feels comfortable.
It isn’t painful, but the suction is a slightly weird sensation on your face. If it doesn’t feel comfortable, then try the sensitive skin diamond tip and / or turn down the power levels.
- Wash and dry your skin
- Turn on the device
- Refer to the included guide for the maximum level you should set for different skin zones
- Place the diamond tip flush against the skin until you feel suction
- Move the device slowly across the skin in a smooth motion
- do not press hard
- holding the skin taut may assist usage
- do not cover the same area more than 2-3 times per treatment
- use the diagrams to guide you in using the device
- your skin may be a little red or feel a little sensitive – this is normal and lasts no more than a few hours
- wash your face with water to remove any remaining dead skin cells
- apply your preferred moisturiser
- do not use AHA products on treatment day
- avoid direct sun exposure after treatment and make sure you use a quality SPF product (do this anyway!)
- replace the filter and clean the diamond tip
Have you tried microdermabrasion?