Last week, I shared some tips on how to add style but stay comfy. All you have to do is switch a piece here, add a piece there and et voila, a fabulous burst of style! The secret is to look as though you’ve made an effort without actually making an effort at all! Here’s Part 2 of this series.
Sweater Dress with Ponte Leggings
You could wear trackies and a long tee or sweatshirt and you’d be super duper comfortable. Stylish? Not so much.
Simply switch the sweats for ponte leggings and a sweater dress. Show off your curves! Ponte leggings are my winter staple – especially panelled ones that visually slim your legs. I’m always up for a bit of a fashion magic trick!
Winter Warmth Comfy Casual
I love this really basic outfit of a flannel shirt, a snuggly oversized man-style jumper, boots and pants. Where the style twist comes in is the mix of textures with leatherette collar, velvety cords, soft wool and the fluffy brushed cotton of the flannel shirt. The black beret works back with the black collar, and the purple tones of the dark blue pants is echoed in the jumper and check shirt. Man style with the sexy twist of skinny cords and leatherette collar is an easy way to add style but stay comfy.
Dressed Up Jeans
Getting dressed for a day out and about doesn’t get much easier than flats, jeans, tee and a cardigan. However, the pair of slim dark wash skinnies instantly amps up the glam factor. A structured cardigan in a Chanel-esque jacket style increases the level of sophistication. A draped printed top is a more glamorous option than a tee but is as easy to wear and is uber flattering. A statement accessory or three and you’ve got a dressed up jeans outfit and a quick lesson in how to add style but stay comfy!
Adding Style the Easy Way
The easiest way to add style but stay comfy is to:
- Add texture by choosing an interesting fabric | like my lurex cable knit jumper
- Pop a bright and colourful scarf on to add interest and style to a simple outfit | like my pink scarf
- Add colour by choosing a print fabric and teaming with coordinating tights | like my skirt and tight combo
- Wear a comfy style like a pair of jeans but with an interesting print | like my snake print jeans
- A pop of colour on your lips adds interest and brightens up your face. A bold lip means you can dial back the eye makeup | like my pink scarf pink lip combo
- An interesting accessory like a hair bow, a necklace, an arm party of fun bracelets and bangles just to name a few | like my Days of August piece
- Layers in tonal colours – talk about how to add style but stay comfy, not to mention warm! Mix up textures too | like my leggings, animal print tunic, knit lovely layers
Try on the Trend
Add some colourful accessories to an otherwise plain outfit to dial up the glamour factor. Wear a structured jacket-style cardigan instead of a more relaxed style to amp up the chic. Take a basic every day piece like a pair of jeans but in a fun print or colour to add an edge to a wardrobe staple!
Kimba Likes Style Notes | Shop My Style:
Sweater Dress and Ponte Leggings Outfits
- Leather jacket – thrifted from Rozelle Markets (click here for similar from Fashionista Depot)
- Cue striped sweater dress – thrifted from eBay (click here for similar)
- Navy leather-panelled ponte leggings – purchased from Country Road (click here for similar)
- Country Road satchel – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle (click here for similar)
- Leather Tassel Beads by Verily – purchased from Verily
- Laura Ashley Clarks Original desert boots – purchased from Birkenhead Point (click here for similar)
- Alannah Hill winter hat – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle (click here for similar)
- David Jones merino cardigan – thrifted from Rozelle Markets (click here for similar)
- Random merino sweater dress – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle (click here for similar)
- Black leather-panelled ponte leggings – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle (click here for similar)
- Alton Stud ankle boots – purchased from Target (click here for similar)
Comfy Casual Lovely Layers Outfit
- Mimco beret – purchased from Mimco (click here for similar)
- Leatherette flannel shirt – purchased from Glassons (click here for similar)
- Country Road wool v neck knit – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle (click here for similar)
- Brown Sugar cord skinnies – gifted as part of my Brown Sugar brand ambassadorship (down to $30 | run don’t walk!)
Adding Style the Easy Way Outfits
- Country Road leather-panelled ponte leggings, Sussan animal tunic, Witchery woollen knit
- Days of August Windsor accessory, Brown Sugar lurex cable knit (half price!)
- Gorman boots, Wish snake print jeans (click here for similar)
- Sambag flats, Sussan mustard tights (click here for similar), Review 50s inspired skirt (click here for similar)
- Miss Sixty denim jacket, Brown Sugar scarf
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- All images by Kim-Marie Williams
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- I was not compensated or remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.