Well, I’m a little bit excited to announce that I’m a Katies Brand Ambassador. I’m thrilled to be working with Katies, one of my favourite everyday style stores.
I’m bringing you details of the fabulously fun Katies Style Series Instagram competition, running from Wednesday 16 July to Wednesday 23 July. You can check out the Katies Style Threads blog for more details.
It’s all about the Katies Shirt Tunic, available in classic Black and Orange Salmon block colours, and Print Monotone and Print Paisley at $39.95.
To enter the Katies Style Series Instagram competition, all you have to do is buy the Shirt Tunic in the colour of your choice, and share your styled outfit on Instagram. Don’t forget to tag @katiesfashion and #katiesstyleseries. Every day, Katies will judge the best outfits and one lucky lady will win her tunic for free.
As Katies themselves say, the Shirt Tunic is easy to wear and easy to style. Here’s a few reasons that I love my Shirt Tunic.
- The mandarin collar with split V neckline is flattering
- The light fabric doesn’t add bulk to my figure and makes it easy to layer or even tuck in
- It’s long enough to cover my booty so I can wear it with leggings and keep yourself nice
- Endlessly versatile – layer it, tuck it, belt it …
- Smart enough to dress up for dinner or work
- Casual enough to wear with jeans. It would be fab as a beach coverup too.
- Three quarter sleeves to show off pretty wrists and arm parties
- Smart epaulette buttoned cuffs
Katies Style Series Instagram Competition | Styled by Katies
Check out some styling ideas put together by the fabulous team at Katies. They’ve styled the Print Monotone Shirt Tunic for Night with leggings and a belt, Work with a blazer and fitted pants and Weekend with boyfriend jeans.
Katies Style Series Instagram Competition | Styled by Kimba Likes
I just couldn’t resist the pop of colour that the Orange Salmon Shirt Tunic added to my wardrobe. I bought a size up because I wanted to wear it oversized and layer it over long sleeved tops for winter. As it is shirt style, without bust darts, I found going up a size gave me a bit more wiggle room for my EnormoBoobs too.
As I work from home and my day to day events tend towards the casual, the outfits I’ve styled my Katies Shirt Tunic with are all about smart casual layers.
I layered my Shirt Tunic over a long sleeve striped slip dress and a pair of navy blue opaque tights. Teamed with ankle boots in black and a coordinating navy watch, I felt smart yet comfortable for the school run. I popped a black woollen knee length coat over the top for extra warmth. Definitely still winter!
Then I went home, raided my wardrobe and had a play!
- With the simple addition of a classic boyfriend navy blazer and a cobalt Katies Animal Print Square Scarf, plus a long pendant, I instantly upped the glam factor, perfect for a less formal office or a meeting with clients.
- For a fab casual look, I’ve teamed a pair of cuffed Katies Ultimate Slim Fit jeans, an oversized polka dot knit and classic black ballet flats with my Shirt Tunic. Comfy enough to run errands, chic enough to forget how comfy it is!
- Another smart casual look utilising Katies Ultimate Slim Fit jeans, plus adding a bit of interest with a pair of leopard print loafers, along with a waist defining skinny belt in camel.
- I’ve added a black mini skirt and a cropped knit, teamed with ankle boots and fun accessories, for a layered smart casual look. I could create a smarter look just by tucking the shirt into the skirt.
- Tucking my Shirt Tunic into a faux leather & ponte pencil skirt, and adding a pair of croc print black leather heels and a camel skinny belt, has upped the glamour factor.
There are many many more outfits I could create to give you some style inspiration for the Katies Style Series Instagram competition, but enough from me. I want to see your style!
Are you going to share your style for the Katies Style Series Instagram competition? Go on! So much fun!