Have you been playing along with Nikki at Styling You, and sharing your Everyday Style? I absolutely love getting inspired by street style, and have been delighted to watch the blossoming confidence of some participants.
I’ve also been thrilled to discover from some lovely comments and messages that people have been getting inspiration from my everyday style photos on Instagram and Facebook. They’ve told me they have been wearing more colour. Feeling more body confident. Mixing patterns. Having fun with fashion.
A recurring question I receive is “how do I pull my outfits together?”. I sat down and mapped it out. How do I get dressed every day? What makes an outfit successful and what makes me look like a hot mess?
I came up with four simple steps I’ve named the Kimba Likes Style Guide. As you do.
Kimba Likes Style Guide | the steps
Start with a classic basic – like a white shirt, blue jeans, a Breton striped top, a shift dress.
- Something colourful – add a pop of colour with perhaps a printed kimono over a plain shift dress
- Something coordinating – choose a piece in the same colour palette of one of your items. Perhaps one of the colours in your patterned piece. The aim is to coordinate, not be matchy matchy.
- Something clashing – a hot pink lipstick when you’re wearing orange, bright yellow costume jewellery with fuchsia, stripes worn with florals.
Kimba Likes Style Guide | What I Wore
There you go. The easy peasy lemon squeezy Kimba Likes Style Guide so you can add some colour and fun to your everyday style!
Kimba Likes Image Credits
- Images by Kim-Marie Williams
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links in posts, my Let’s Go Shopping! section or my or Shop My Style affiliate store, and purchase. Thank you if you choose to do so.
- I am a Ruby Olive Ambassador
- I am a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated for this post
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.