I’m finding myself wearing the same styles over and over again. I gravitate towards casual chic – jersey dresses, blazers and jeans, loafers. I’m drawn to tough pretty – girly shapes and prints worn with distressed denim, plaid and biker chic leather.
How I mix it up and keep it fresh is by rocking print clash style! I love combining colours and patterns to create my very own unique look.
I’m sharing a couple of recent print clash style outfits to show you how I work it!
Print Clash Style | kimono
In this casual outfit, I’ve teamed Breton stripes, a touch of leopard and a gorgeous Japanese-esque floral. Actually, this is only ONE pattern in my mind. I consider leopard to be the new neutral – and I’d add classic blue denim and Breton stripes to that list too.
Let’s be honest, this outfit could be a right mess. We’ve got three patterns, ankle boots and cuffed white jeans. There’s a few potential issues there.
But here’s why it works. My Mix Apparel white jeans are boyfriend style, which lends them a relaxed air, and takes away any potential prissiness. My Spend-less Shoes ankle boots are tan, which isn’t too stark against the white denim.
The Sussan thin leopard skin belt breaks up the white on white action of the jeans and Popbasic Le Breton top, whilst also tying back to the tan boots.
Boho chic at its best, the gorgeous kimono jacket is in a rich shade of teal green. It was a gorgeous gift from Shabby Sisters. There’s a hint of white in the floral pattern, which works back with the top and jeans. I’ve added pretty Each to Own jewellery in sea tones, coordinating with the navy Breton stripes and the kimono. I’ve even matched my hair to the Japanese maple. I’m good like that.
Shop My Style
- Shabby Sisters Kyoto Kimono $45 | exact match | click to shop
- Mix Apparel White Boyfriend Jeans $19 | exact match | click to shop
- Popbasic Navy Le Breton from sold out Salut! collection | shop similar Cobalt Boat Neck Le Breton USD$48 | click to shop
- Sussan Ponyhair Leopard Belt | shop similar MNG Leopard Print Belt $44.95 | click to shop
- Spend-Less Shoes Tan Ankle Boots | shop similar Verali Gia Taupe Tumble $89.95 | click to shop
- Each to Own jewellery | click to shop
Print Clash Style | tartan coat
Another casual outfit, mixing tartan and a cute pink arrow print with some layer player action.
I layered a navy and pink drawstring waist GAP shirt dress over skinny jeans from Three Parsons. With my patent navy Next loafers, it added up to a preppy look.
Throwing my Three Parsons fluffy vest over the top lends a boho chic edge. Adding my Seed tartan coat, worn cape style, gives me the eclectic print clash look I love.
I’ve accessorised with a crossbody Oroton mini bag, with a glam Swarovski pearl necklace from Jet Empire, a Swarovski crystal pendant and a cutesy pie Marc by Marc Jacobs sunglasses hair clip.
The outfit works because the tones are similar. The cream fluffy vest and pink print on the shirt dress work back with the creamy grey and red tones in the tartan coat. Layering the plain knit vest between the contrasting patterns both separates and brings them together.
Shop My Style
- GAP Shirt Dress | shop similar Dorothy Perkins Tie Waist Shirt Dress $69.95 | click to shop
- Wakee High Waisted Skinny Jeans from Three Parsons $59.95 | exact match | click to shop
- Three Parsons Fluffy Vest | shop similar Shilla Deluxe Oversize Boucle Cardigan $79.95 | click to shop
- Jet Empire Jewellery Here Comes the Rain Again necklace $110 | exact match | click to shop
- Next Sporty Patent Loafers from Ezibuy $48 | exact match | click to shop
- Seed Heritage Tartan Coat | shop similar Forcast Kesha Oversize Drape Duster Coat $99.95 | click to shop | shop exact match Seed Heritage Oversized Check Coat $79.95 (was $229.95) | click to shop