We are lucky enough to live in beautiful Sydney and even more lucky to have Taronga Zoo mere minutes away. Speaking of lucky, the Welshman’s work have VIP membership passes available to borrow by staff members. Love that!
We saw some rock wallabies cuddling on, um, a rock funnily enough. I know right? We oohed and aahed at the gorgeous baby elephants, and drooled over the giraffes’ amazeball views. Did you know that giraffes run at 56 km/h, only need to sleep for 20 minutes per day and have the most amazing blue coloured prehensile tongues? You do now!
Boyo got into the spirit of Fox in Flats Style Dare by modelling a pair of Fennec Fox ears, and some gorgeous native parrots flew around our heads as we walked through an aviary. Such a peaceful oasis.
Boyo was beside himself to be selected to go and meet Miya, the gorgeous little Australia fur seal as part of the acclaimed Seal Show. He got to pat her, shake her flipper and said that she felt like touching rubber. A lovely lady from the audience shared some photos with me – what a sweetheart! I was so touched.
My favourite animals to go and hang out with are the sun bears, the elephants (lemphies in my maternal family parlance), gorillas, the binturongs, the tree kangaroos and the giraffes. I think they seriously have one of the best views in Sydney, don’t you?
In the interests of comfort and cooler mornings, I teamed Brown Sugar skinnies in Eggplant with an autumn-toned faux leather-trimmed checked flannel shirt from Glassons, and a thrifted Gorman knit. Can’t beat my favourite old Country Road brogue Chelsea boots for comfort and style. The Fox in Flats Style Dare prompt was “headscarf” so I whipped out a total classic. Vintage Dior silk square. Knotted on top of my head. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Do you like visiting the zoo? I was lucky enough to grow up in a zoo so I appreciate zoos as a valuable resource in our lives, and understand that they play an important role in education and preservation of animal species. I’m the bossy lady in the crowd who tells you off for tapping the glass and whinging that the animals are sleeping. What’s your favourite animal to hang out with? Apart from your children, of course.
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Gorman knit – purchased from Vinnies Rozelle
- Brown Sugar Eggplant skinnies – gifted from Brown Sugar
- Country Road brogue Chelsea boots – purchased from Country Road sale
- Glassons faux leather-trimmed check flannel shirt – purchased from Glassons online
- Vintage Dior silk scarf – purchased from Vinnies Rozelle
- Butterfly SS earrings – gift from the Blokefolk bought from the Paddington Markets
- Karen Walker SS Rabbit earrings – purchased from Auckland Airport
- Lip of the Day – Australis Cosmetics Pout Paste in Pash Me Pink
- Boyo wears the Welshman’s beloved Rugby World Cup 2003 promo hat, Country Road tee, Target shorts, Converse socks and black suede skate shoes. Stripes and checks – his uniform since he was a baby!
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- All images by Kim-Marie Williams
- Some seal images by a lovely lady
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- I was not compensated or remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.