I have far too many clothes. Yes, I really do. Even though I own more clothes than days in which to wear them (thank goodness for layering!), I can’t resist the opportunity to play around with a versatile piece and create even more wardrobe options. I’m sharing four ways to wear one waist tie dress by adjusting how the belt is tied.
Waist Tie Dress | Front Tie
The classic way to wear a loosely fitted dress with belt loops. Just thread the waist tie through and tie it in the front. I prefer to belt my waist tie dress off to the side.
Waist Tie Dress | Back Tie
By bringing the belt behind the back and tying it in the middle of the back, it creates a more streamlined dress which emphasises the figure.
Waist Tie Dress | Loose Tie
A variation on the Front Tie, tying the waist tie dress loosely creates a blouson look with the tie belted around the hips.
Waist Tie Dress | No Tie
Just leave the waist tie off entirely for a loosely shaped shift dress look. Great for really hot days – and for disguising food babies post-feast!
Waist Tie Dress | Shop My Style
My very pretty Mirror Bird Print Dress by Embellished is sold out on Fashionista Depot, but I’ve managed to find a few more waist tie dress style options for you.
1. Monica Tie Waist Chiffon Dress from Boohoo $30 on sale | 2. Lena Dress from The Perfect Little Black Dress – the LBD Boutique $189 | 3. Polka Dot Mini Dress by Greylin from ASOS $135 on sale | 4. Frill Dress with Tie Waist by People Tree from ASOS $89 on sale | 5. Taylor Maxi Dress with Tie Waist by Beloved from ASOS $81.20 on sale | 6. Chambray Spot Shirt Dress by Katies $69.95
Of course, there are many other options to wear your waist tie dress, apart from just the belt position. As the weather cools, layer fine gauge knits under and over the dresses, layer over opaque tights or even ponte leather leggings, and add a snuggly knit cardigan, cropped leather jacket or a classic blazer.
Do you love a piece with lots of options too?
Kimba Likes Image Credits
- Brand images by The Perfect LBD, Boohoo, ASOS, Katies
- Images by Kim-Marie Williams
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to purchase from affiliate links in posts, my Shop My Style affiliate store or my Let’s Go Shopping! section. Thank you if you choose to do so.
- I am a Ruby Olive Ambassador
- I am a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated for this post
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.