Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m delighted to be your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Every Wednesday, you are invited to share a fashion post with the Wardrobe Wednesday Glam Squad. Anything you like as long as it is fashion related.
Share an outfit you loved and tell us why it made you feel so fabulous. Perhaps share a favourite piece that you’ve styled for different occasions. One piece styled several different ways. Perhaps be brave and share the story of a piece you just can’t make work – the Wardrobe Wednesday Glam Squad may just be able to offer some suggestions!
If you’re playing along with Nikki at Styling You for #everydaystyle, you are very welcome to join in the Wardrobe Wednesday fun. Wardrobe Wednesday is all about sharing fashion inspiration – we love everyday style just as much as we love date night glamour.
What I Wore | Casual Chic
Fashion is fun and not to be taken too seriously. That being said, I do love getting dressed up for a big night out or an event. But getting dressed every day for a casual day is also fun – if you want it to be!
For my day spent doing laundry in between giving the laptop a workout, kid wrangling, the school run and the various fadmin (aka family admin) errands on my Ta Da List, I threw on a simple pair of black pants, a striped tee and a colourful pair of flats with some pretty accessories. The embodiment of casual chic.
I popped up a couple of pictures on Instagram and the Kimba Likes Facebook page, and, goodness, it appears that everyone really liked this casual chic outfit!
It would completely destroy any pretensions to style cred I have if I told you that I literally grabbed the first pair of plain pants in my soft pants pile, the second top in my striped top pile, and the pair of bright flats on my shoe shelves which first caught my eye.
Instead, I will give myself points for having an organised wardrobe system that means I can put together workable flattering casual chic outfits in seconds. Another win for lazy girl style!
I utilised my Kimba Likes Style Guide. Just four simple steps, based around a classic basic, and adding something colourful, something coordinating and something clashing.
This casual chic outfit is as comfortable as wearing pyjamas with the DECJUBA Paringa soft pants – one of my Boxing Day Sales bargains. My Brown Sugar top is really just a simple striped top, but the twist – literally – lifts the style factor a notch for very little effort. Clashing colour with thrifted Tory Burch bright orange patent flats, a bold pink lip and an Alannah Hill berry hairbow works back beautifully with the Anizoe Odette multicoloured leather clutch. I’ve added another pop of coordinating colour with a pretty tangerine Banana Republic metal cuff.
Wardrobe Wednesday Shop My Style | Casual Chic
Shop My Style | Black soft pants | Striped tops with a twist | Orange comfy flats | Hair accessories
1. Urban Tribal Pants by EziBuy $39 on sale | 2. Sublime Pant by DECJUBA $99.95 | 3. Ruch Hem Pant by Katies $39.95 | 4. Lace Sleeve Striped Top by Love Your Wardrobe from The Iconic $59.50 | 5. Striped V Neck Tee by Glassons $15 | 6. Striped Cold Cold Shoulder Top by City Chic $20 on sale | 7. Louise Rust by Walnut Melbourne from Style Tread $35.99 on sale | 8. Plea Orange by Zensu from Style Tread $59.98 on sale | 9. Bellez Tangerine by Django & Juliette from Style Tread $139.95 | 10. Bahiana Beauty Slide by Mimco $19 on sale | 11. Beloved Comb by Mimco $49.95 | 12. Coral Cluster Jewelled Comb in Gunmetal by Mimco $35 on sale
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Thank you for joining me for Wardrobe Wednesday.
To join in, just follow the linky instructions below and link up a fashion post. You can grab the button code here or on my sidebar, to add to your post or blog roll.
I would love it if you would be so kind as to share Wardrobe Wednesday with fellow fashionistas and invite them to be part of the Kimba Likes Wardrobe Wednesday Glam Squad! Some comment love for other Glam Squad members would be much appreciated.
In return, I will share your posts via my social media network, comment on every post and add an image to the Kimba Likes Wardrobe Wednesday Pinterest board. Let me know if you’d like an invitation to pin to the board.
Kimba Likes Image Credits
- Product images from EziBuy, DECJUBA, Katies, City Chic, Glassons, The Iconic, StyleTread, Mimco
- Images by Kim-Marie Williams
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links in posts or my Let’s Go Shopping! section and purchase. Thank you if you do choose to do so.
- I am a Ruby Olive Ambassador
- I am a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated for this post
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.
Wardrobe Wednesday | Linky Party
[inlinkz_linkup id=372984 mode=1]