Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m delighted to be your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Every Wednesday, you are invited to share a fashion post with the Wardrobe Wednesday Glam Squad. Anything you like as long as it is fashion related.
Share an outfit you loved and tell us why it made you feel so fabulous. Perhaps share a favourite piece that you’ve styled for different occasions. One piece styled several different ways. Perhaps be brave and share the story of a piece you just can’t make work – the Wardrobe Wednesday Glam Squad may just be able to offer some suggestions!
If you’re playing along with Nikki at Styling You for #everydaystyle, you are very welcome to join in the Wardrobe Wednesday fun. Wardrobe Wednesday is all about sharing fashion inspiration – we love everyday style just as much as we love date night glamour.
What I Wore | Sex and the City Glamour
The Welshman and I recently celebrated our 15th year together with a spectacularly fun date night. Click here to read about our first date.
I just had to get dressed up so I styled a glamorous Sex and the City outfit.
As Boyo was out cheering on his sitter’s OzTag team, we escaped early for a delicious CBD date night dinner and drinks.
The next event of our anniversary evening was a trip to the State Theatre to see Eddie Vedder in concert. Oh, his voice! Such a beautiful man and oh so talented. We loved the support act, Glen Hansard. So happy we decided to get there early to listen to him.
I was so very lucky to win an amazingly beautiful Sex and the City style Carrie Skirt from Obsessive Creative Design. The very talented Kirsty McKenzie took my very vague design idea of coral lace, tangerine tulle and navy satin waistband with a waist bow, and turned it into the absolute beauty you see before you.
The skirt arrived just in time for me to abandon my previously planned outfit. OK, outfits. I always like to have a few options!
But how to wear this amazing piece in the Sex and the City glamorous style I was aiming for?
Hello Kimba Likes Style Guide! Just four simple steps, based around a classic basic, and adding something colourful, something coordinating and something clashing.
My classic basic was a Josh Goot for Target merino wool blend jersey tank, purchased in 2007 and still going strong. The tank channelled the original Carrie Sex and the City iconic image. My gorgeous Carrie Skirt obviously was the star of the ensemble, ticking the colourful box with a punch There is a reason it is called the Carrie!
To coordinate with the navy tank and skirt waistband, I added Forever New navy patent bow flats and my Mimco Sportivo man-style watch. My Mimco Hybrid Clutch in gorgeous aqua patent provided the clashing element. To really carry off the Carrie Sex and the City glamourous look, I should have worn Jimmy Choos, but a girl has to be able to walk!
I accessorised with pretty silver pieces – a Mimco SS bangle the Blokefolk gave me for my Big Four Oh My Gods birthday, the Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co heart bangle the Welshman gave me for my 30th birthday and my Popbasic wishbone jewellery from the latest Sunday collection. I added a sparkly Art Deco styled hairclip from Bella Emporio Rozelle to tame my humidity-affected curls.
I upped the love factor with my Uberfine by Uberkate silver heart necklace I was lucky enough to win from Honey and Fizz. Of course my usual suspects made an appearance – rings by Pandora, Tiffany and my white gold wedding set, as well as my white gold and platinum pave diamond heart necklace and earrings, more gifts from the Welshman. I am indeed a lucky girl!
I was incredibly lucky to win the beautiful Carrie Skirt from Obsessive Creative Design, and the lovely Uberfine by Uberkate Heart Within silver necklace from Honey and Fizz. But what really makes me the luckiest girl in the world is my darling husband, the Welshman.
Wardrobe Wednesday Shop My Style | Sex and the City Glamour
1. Prehistoric Pin Set by Mimco $25 on sale 2. Hybrid Clutch in Hot Pink by Mimco $89 on sale | 3. Mini Heart Ring by Karen Walker from The Iconic $59 | 4. Mini Heart Studs by Karen Walker from The Iconic $69 5. Wishbone ring and bangle from the Sunday Collection by Popbasic $85 (including silk shirt and international delivery) 6. Uberfine Inner Heart necklace by Uberkate $139 7. Rebelle Slide by Mimco $19 on sale 8. Occasion Pale Lemon Snake by Zizi by Florsheim from Style Tread $142 on sale 9. Castor Red by Zizi by Florsheim from Style Tread $127 on sale 10. Adrina Neutrals by I Love Billy from Style Tread $30 on sale
Click here to visit Obsessive Creative Design to order your very own custom designed and handmade Carrie Skirt $95
The very best way to rock some Sex and the City glamour!
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Thank you for joining me for Wardrobe Wednesday.
To join in, just follow the linky instructions below and link up a fashion post. You can grab the button code here or on my sidebar, to add to your post or blog roll.
I would love it if you would be so kind as to share Wardrobe Wednesday with fellow fashionistas and invite them to be part of the Kimba Likes Wardrobe Wednesday Glam Squad! Some comment love for other Glam Squad members would be much appreciated.
In return, I will share your posts via my social media network, comment on every post and add an image to the Kimba Likes Wardrobe Wednesday Pinterest board. Let me know if you’d like an invitation to pin to the board.
Kimba Likes Image Credits
- Product images from The Iconic, Style Tread, Uberfine by Uberkate, Mimco, Obsessive Creative Designs, Popbasic
- Images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links in posts or my Let’s Go Shopping! section and purchase. Thank you if you do choose to do so.
- I am a Ruby Olive Ambassador
- I am a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated for this post
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.
Wardrobe Wednesday | Linky Party
[inlinkz_linkup id=372988 mode=1]