Time for Wardrobe Wednesday with Kelly at Kiwi Womens Style. I’m sharing What I Wore to the Kids Business Communications Bloggers Brunch July 2013.
True to the shared ethos of both Kelly and Kimba, Wardrobe Wednesday is likely to feature several thrifted and opshopped bargain buys. Come and join in the fun!
I had a great day at the Kids Business Bloggers Brunch in Sydney recently. As much as I adore hanging out with my girls and making connections with brands and companies, I adore soaking in the inspiration from the guest presenters.
Ingrid Poulson, author and inspirational speaker spoke briefly about the four values that epitomise RISE living – Resilience, Integrity, Simplicity, Enjoyment. Jane Copeland from Coping with Jane is a fellow autoimmune disease survivor, just like me, and a former corporate who has reinvented her life and wants to share her secrets of success, just like a fairy blogmother! Tracie Walker from Kmart spoke about pretty much everything except Kmart, which was so refreshing. She spoke about the connections she has made in her life and how it affects her as a person, both as a person and a corporate. Elizabeth Montgomery from Fitted For Work spoke about the amazing charity she works for, helping women to turn their lives around by providing clothing, training and ongoing support . One of my favourite charities, and I hope to work with them in a voluntary capacity in the future.
Christie Nicholas is the brains, heart and soul of Kids Business Communications, and it is always a pleasure to catch up with her and her big beaming smile.
I met some interesting brands including Kmart, Medela, Brauer, Mamee, Choosi, Naty by Nature Babycare and Optus. Of course, catching up with some gorgeous girls and blogging buddies is always a highlight of Bloggers Brunch events too.
What I Wore
What I wore to the Kids Business Bloggers Brunch was a gorgeous limited edition merino wool dress from Verily in the most amazing cobalt shade of blue, teamed with Midnight opaque tights from Sussan. I added another layer of colour with this colourful textured long line cardigan from Seed Femme. I was tempted to add another pop of colour with my shoes, but decided to tone it down with some ladylike camel patent heels from Wittner.
I accessorised with Red Phoenix Emporium pink suede tassel earrings. Such a statement piece, they only needed a simple necklace – I selected a lavender Swarovski crystal pendant. However, I couldn’t resist adding rings from Pandora, Karen Walker and La Petite Mademoiselle (how sweet is the little teacup!). My hair was tamed with the help of a pretty little Alannah Hill hairpin. Of course, there was some sort of party going on – I kept my arm party classic with a Red Phoenix Emporium beaded bracelet, the Tiffany & Co Elsa Peretti Open Heart bangle the Welshman gave me for my 30th (I’ve barely taken it off since) and the classic solid sterling silver bangle I was given as a leaving gift upon emigrating from New Zealand way back when.
I carried the most divine limited edition orange Hermes leather tote bag from Sterling & Hyde, and gave myself an emergency mani in my favourite Rozelle cafe, Il Piave, using my current favourite nail lacquer, Nightingale by Hello Darling. It’s a gorgeous bronze metallic with rose gold and bronze micro glitter, infinitely flattering to my skintone, and even a novice newbie nail aficianado can apply it beautifully in mere moments.
I was comfortable yet stylish and the mid sized heel was definitely the right choice. I am so glad I changed my mind and changed my shoes at the last moment!
I switched over the shoes to these adorable Nordic Fusion wooden clogs, thrifted from my fabulous Red Cross Rozelle, and added a very old and much loved lavender pashmina for a pub dinner at the Three Weeds with my Blokefolk. Any pub that has Laurent Perrier on offer is a good pub in my eyes! Sadly, it is no longer available for their Friday night happy hour, and that’s probably down to, um, me.
Shop My Style
1. Long Stripe Dress by Verily | Reduced to $109 from $139 | Click here to purchase | My limited edition dress has sold out but I love this Verily classic design!
2. Long Teal Merino Vest by Verily | $89 | Click here to purchase | Made from the same fabric as my dress, this piece will brighten any outfit and keep you warm
3. Nightingale Nail Lacquer by Hello Darling | $18.95 | Click here to purchase | Inspired by Florence Welch | My favourite colour at the moment
4. Pyrite Pirate Bracelet by Red Phoenix Emporium | Reduced to $12 from $49 | Click here to purchase | similar to my bracelet
5. Pink Lotus Tassel Earrings by Red Phoenix Emporium | $39 | Click here to purchase | similar design to my earrings
6. Peta Orange oversized bag by Sterling & Hyde | $299.95 | Click here to purchase | present from my bros for my Big Four Oh My Gods | not sure they’re aware of this yet just quietly
7. Blume T Bar Heel in Flesh patent leather by Wittner | Reduced to $40 from $139.95 | Click here to purchase
8. Sterling Silver Rabbit Ring by Karen Walker from The Iconic | $49 | Click here to purchase
9. Cup of Tea ring by La Petite Mademoiselle | $8 | Click here to purchase
10. 60 denier Plush Opaque tights in Denim by Pretty Polly from The Iconic | $19.95 | Click here to purchase
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Verily Limited Edition Merino Dress – purchased from Verily
- Long striped cardigan – purchased from Seed Femme outlet centre
- Midnight opaque tights – purchased from Sussan
- Camel patent mid height heels – purchased from Wittner
- Pink suede tassel earrings – purchased from Red Phoenix Style
- Agate bracelet – purchased from Red Phoenix Style
- Alannah Hill hairpin – birthday gift from my Blokefolk
- Lavender Swarovski crystal pendant – thank you gift
- Karen Walker Rabbit ring – purchased from The Iconic
- Pandora heart ring – blog giveaway from Mama Stylista
- Cup of Tea ring – purchased from La Petite Mademoiselle at Little Treasures Market
- Peta Orange bag – purchased from Sterling & Hyde on behalf of my brothers for my Big Four Oh My Gods!
- Nordic Fusion Roman Sandal in Platinum – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle | Click here to purchase them at half price!
- Lavender Pashmina – birthday gift from the Welshman when I was still in my 20s. Just.
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Photographs copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Images sourced from Verily, The Iconic, Red Phoenix Style, Sterling & Hyde, Hello Darling, Wittner Heel Steal and La Petite Madamoiselle
- Wardrobe Wednesday image from Kiwi Womens Style
- Images edited by Kim-Marie Williams using PicMonkey
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.