I’m deeply loyal to my salon only haircare range, but this supermarket range may just sway me. As I currently don’t have any colour in my hair, I haven’t yet sampled the products. I think I might just have to colour my hair, just to try this fabulous range.
The event was also fabulous. Held at the hip Luxe Studios in Darlinghurst, glasses of Moet and Dove Hair Vitality Juice were served on arrival, and replacements frequently proffered. I tried my very first “green juice” – a delicious blend of cucumber, parsley, lemon juice and kale – and have to eat my words, having been deeply scornful of the Instagrammed green vomit pictures flooding my IG feed. Delicious does not come close. I had to have two. I also ate fresh figs. Perhaps I’m growing up?
We were ushered into a darkened theatre room where we were entertained with audio of evocative sounds, whilst a voice described the feelings the colours evoked. There was dramatic music for red, kids’ laughter for yellow, birdsong for green, water for blue. An amazing video of a woman wearing the colours and living the experiences suggested by the colours followed. Kate is blind but with the ability to sense colour. It was fascinating and oh so inspiring.
From the dark closeness of the theatre room, we were led into a bright white airy room where we were addressed by George O’Neil, Marketing Director of Dove Hair care, then an amazing colour psychologist, who was so fascinating that I have to hang my head in shame and admit I forgot to make a note of her name. Finally, Shane Jones, colourist extraordinaire, wrapped up the presentations.
Each of the small groups were teamed with a colour psychology specialist, who worked with us to establish which colour season we were. I’m still a Warm Autumn, having had my colours done in 1993. Yup. Twenty years ago. Let’s not think about that any further, shall we?
I was lucky enough to snare five minutes of Shane Jones’ time to discuss my hair colour. Should I decide to ever make a major change, I’m ruling out red – Shane actually flinched when I suggested this, bless him – and going for a shade of blonde that Shane says will bring out the yellow flecks in my eyes and make me into a golden girl. How fabulous!
I tried a new hairdo on the morning of the event, as the prompt for the day’s Fox in Flats Style Dare was “bun”. I received tonnes of positive feedback regarding this Twist & Pin ‘do but in person, it was looking a little shabby, so I treated myself to a gorgeous 60s inspired blowout. I couldn’t attend a hair event with dirty, messy hair, could I?
Winter had finally arrived, so I dressed in one of my favourite styles – winter luxury. Luxe tactile fabrics like faux fur and suede, leather, merino teamed with lace, layered over each other for snuggly warmth.
I teamed Country Road leather-panelled ponte leggings with a Love & Toast New Zealand merino knit with feature black lace sleeves from Glassons. I anchored the look with my beloved Seed Femme ankle boots, inspired by the swoonworthy Acne Pistols, amped up the winter luxury with a Decjuba reversible faux fur vest and added some glam with a Vivienne Westwood Pearl Orb pendant.
Thank you for the invitation, Dove Hair Care and Nuffnang!
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Country Road leather-panelled ponte leggings – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle
- Seed Femme ankle boots – purchased from Seed
- Vivienne Westwood pendant – purchased from eBay
- Decjuba faux fur vest – purchased on sale from Decjuba
- Love & Toast merino and lace knit – purchased from Glassons
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Images created by Kim-Marie Williams using PicMonkey
- Product images from brand websites
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- I received a goodie bag containing Dove Hair Care products but was not compensated or remunerated in any way, shape or form for this blog post. I am no under no obligation to blog about this event. I chose to do so because I absolutely loved the Dove Colour Radiance campaign, and enjoyed the event. Plus, I ate fresh figs and drank green juice. Such momentous occurrences just have to be documented, ‘kay.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.