True to the shared ethos of both Kelly and Kimba, Wardrobe Wednesday is likely to feature several thrifted and opshopped bargain buys. Come and join in the fun!
Father’s Day Weekend
Our Father’s Day weekend was filled with family, glorious weather and lots of yummy food – just like it should be!
We picnicked in the Royal Botanical Gardens, bordering the gorgeous Sydney Harbour on Saturday, soaking up the sunshine, eel spotting and wrestling, followed by a Messina trip. For dinner, the Welshman roasted lamb on the barbecue, which we served with the Welshman’s legendary smash and the fabulous salad Boyo and I whipped up. Darling Mills mesclun from the Orange Grove Organic Markets, with strawberries, fresh asparagus, frozen peas and a balsamic EVOO dressing. Yum!
On Sunday, the Welshman was treated to a sleep in and an amazeballs bacon and egg breakfast muffin breakfast in bed. Fantabulous! The boys headed off for a spot of putt putt golf in the morning, before we had a stroll in the sunshine to the Three Weeds pub. A fabulous lunch, complete with lunchtime Old Speckled Hen pints for the Welshman, was followed by a wander to the Rozelle Markets and a relaxing afternoon at home. The Welshman redeemed one of his Father’s Day gifts – a carwash voucher!
What I Wore
I just adore this Lil D dress, which I picked up for an absolute song at the Fashionista Depot Clearance Sale. I just adore dresses – they’re an outfit all in one piece. This one has a shirred waistband and shoulder detail, and a really pretty pussy bow tie in the front of the bodice.
Black Leona Edmiston Pins leggings kept me decent, as the skirt is a little short for me. I accessorised with my Rayban multifocal sunnies (because I’m old now), House of Harlow starburst earrings, mustard Sambag flats and my beloved Sterling & Hyde Robin Tan – a birthday gift from some of my Gorgeous Girls for my Big Four Oh My Gods.
Look, sparkly nails! I even gave myself a Hello Darling manicure – Hopelessly Devoted with Pretty, Innit? glitter feature.
I treated myself to a gorgeous vintage silk kimono from the Rozelle Markets – only $29. I deserved it – you should have tasted that breakfast muffin!
Shop My Style
1. Valentine Tan handbag by Sterling & Hyde | $299.95 | click here to purchase
2. Harlequin Watch in Silver Lime by Mimco | $179 | click here to purchase
3. Carly Shirred Dress by Decjuba from The Iconic | reduced to $84.98 from $169.95 | click here to purchase
4. Brent Yellow Flats by Ko Fashion Shoes from Style Tread | reduced to $34.97 from $49.95 | click here to purchase
5. White Sand Sunburst Studs by House of Harlow 1960 from Shopbop | USD35 | click here to purchase
6. Cobra Print Kimono by Somedays Lovin’ from The Iconic | reduced to $47.98 from $79.95 | click here to purchase
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Lil D dress – purchased from Fashionista Depot Clearance Sale
- Vintage silk kimono jacket – purchased from Rozelle Markets
- House of Harlow 1960 White Sand Sunburst studs – purchased from St Frock
- Sterling & Hyde Robin Tan handbag – 40th birthday gift from some of the Gorgeous Girls
- Hello Darling lacquer – purchased from Hello Darling
- Sambag mustard suede ballet flats – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle
- Tiffany & Co bangle – 30th birthday present from the Welshman
- Mimco SS bangle – 40th birthday present from the Welshman
- Mimco watch – purchased from Mimco Birkenhead Point using Mimcollective birthday voucher
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Photographs copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Images sourced from Style Tread, The Iconic, Mimco, Shopbop, Sterling & Hyde
- Wardrobe Wednesday image from Kiwi Womens Style
- Images edited by Kim-Marie Williams using PicMonkey and Diptic
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.