Ah, winter! I will curse you when the winds howl, the temperature plunges and the rain pours, but when you behave and play nicely, how I adore you.
The perfect winter day starts with a crisp morning, opening into a glorious bright but cool day, and is completed by a chilly evening, just ideal for comfort food and sofa snuggles.
The perfect winter outfit? It’s all about lovely layers!
What I Wore:
I’ve teamed my beloved Country Road Leather-Panelled Ponte Leggings, in navy this time, with a fun Natasha Gan Stripe Jersey Dress from Fashionista Depot, complete with skater skirt for twirling. Yes, yes I did. In public no less.
The top layer was my new favourite cardigan, this fabulous Lil’D Lashea Long Fine Knitted Cardigan from Fashionista Depot. The details. Oh, the details! I adore the lace panel over the shoulders. I just love the almost frock coat styling of the cardigan, making it the perfect companion for full skirts. It works equally well over skinny jeans, and with or without the tie belt.
My waist always benefits from a belt and tie belts do me very few favours. I’ve utilised a visual illusion trick with the help of this trusty belt, which is helping me create the illusion of an hourglass figure. The shoulder detail of the cardigan widens my shoulders, and the fullness of the cardigan and dress widens my hip region. Not usually a fabulous idea, but in this case, the contrasting belt draws my waist in, and et voila, the hourglass figure magically appears!
What do you love most about winter dressing? Have you entered my Fashionista Depot giveaway yet? Go on, hurry up. Not much time left!
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Lil’D Lashea Long Fine Knitted Cardigan – gifted from Fashionista Depot (RRP $130. Fashionista Depot’s price $40).
- Natasha Gan Stripe Jersey Dress – purchased from Fashionista Depot (reduced on sale to $25!)
- Red Elastic and Plastic Belt – purchased from Metalicus
- Country Road Leather-Panelled Ponte Leggings in Navy – purchased from Country Road
- Country Road Brogue Chelsea Boots – purchased from Country Road
- Hairclip – gifted from Bella Emporio
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Images created by Kim-Marie Williams using PicMonkey
- Product images from FashionistaDepot.com.au
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- I was gifted with a shopping voucher in exchange for this post, as well as $100 voucher for a reader giveaway
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.