my New Zealand holiday style
I had The Best Holiday in New Zealand over the Christmas school holidays. It was all about catching up with my family, having some adventurous fun, and family hangs with just the three of us. There were childhood flashback sweet treats, proper Kiwi fish & chips, Grandpa time for Boyo, precious time with my 90 year old Grandma, delightful baby nephew time, girl time with my sister in law, family games tourneys, sight seeing, seriously gorgeous scenery, a four seasons in one day road trip, and did I mention the family times? Oh and the food nostalgia?!
I’ll share some of my favourite moments soon, but first, I’m sharing my New Zealand holiday style audit. I had to buy some warm clothing when the weather surprised me, and I only wore one summer frock and one shorts outfit. Two days of summer in two weeks of summer holidays? Luckily the people and fun times more than made up for it!
my New Zealand holiday style | what I wore
- one bomber jacket three times
- two denim jackets over five outfits
- one pair of exercise tights twice
- two pairs of jeans three times each
- three pairs of pants; one three times on holiday. The other two pairs were worn on travel days.
- one pair of shorts (though I packed five pairs!)
- one off the shoulder top (I packed a few more summery top options)
- three dresses; two worn once each and one worn twice
- four jumpers worn once each; the sleeveless knit vest was worn frequently as an extra layer
- five tank tops; mainly worn as layering pieces
- three T shirts; all by Ruby & Lilli
- one skirt worn once
- one light long line raincoat and one light waterproof zipped jacket
- two pairs of kicks, one pair of derby laceups, three pair of sandals, and one pair of fluffy pink bunny slippers
- two scarves, numerous hairbows
- leather backpack, leather shoulder bag, tote bag
- one pair of sunglasses
my New Zealand holiday style | lessons learnt
- underpacking is always better than overpacking – it’s the perfect excuse to hit up the local shops and thrift stores!
- triple check the weather forecast
- pack for the holiday weather you’re going to have; not the weather you wish you could have!
- accessories make the outfit
- quality basics will be your best friend when it comes to your holiday style
- dresses that can be layered or worn on their own are essential
- tunics are versatile – I wore one dressed up for dinner and with exercise leggings for ziplining
- hairbows are the lazy girl’s guide to holiday hair!
travel Day – Ruby & Lilli stripe peg pants with matching stripe top and Blush Leopard scarf
Airforce Museum with my brother and sister in law | vintage Kiwiana souvenir scarf hairbow, Ruby & Lilli tank and tunic, 17 Sundays bomber, Feather & Noise skinny cargoes, Planet Shoes sandals, Rebecca Minkoff shoulder bag gifted by Shopbop
visiting my Grandma | wearing Rasaleela Beth wrap skirt (gifted) with Ruby & Lilli navy tank, Rollies and DKNY denim jacket from Nordstroms
exploring my family heritage | Rockmans mesh detail tank, Ruby & Lilli tunic, Mei & Chloe leggings, Hugo Sheppard & Co kicks, Rebecca Minkoff bag (all gifted) with Gorman hairbow
exploring Akaroa | silk Dior scarf hairbow, OTS top from Stylefast, Rockmans shorts and souvenir bag from Kiwi icon 4Square
road trip outfit from Christchurch to Queenstown | Max Shop top thrifted in Darfield, Sportscraft denim, FRANKiE4 sandals
exploring Queenstown and the world famous in New Zealand Cookie Time Bar! | Gorman hairbow, Aztec print dress from Shabby Sisters, Glassons skinny jeans thrifted from Darfield
riding the luge in Queenstown | Glassons hairbow purchased in Queenstown, Ruby & Lilli tank, GAP sweat from my USA Big Four Oh My Gods holiday, Sportscraft jeans, Hugo Sheppard & Co kicks
out for dinner in Queenstown | Isla tunic dress thrifted in Darfield, 17 Sundays bomber, Glassons skinnies, Rollies and Gorman hairbow
ziplining in Queenstown | Glassons scarf hairbow, Isla tunic dress, Calvin Klein jacket, Mei & Chloe leggings and Hugo Sheppard & Co kicks
Arrowtown historic goldrush village | Sizeable raincoat, Metalicus tank, striped knit thrifted in Darfield, Feather & Noise pants, Rollies
watching Boyo bungy jump! | Kirbee Lawler scarf hairbow, Cotton On sweat borrowed from Boyo, CK denim jacket, Sizeable raincoat, Glassons skinnies
oh that beautiful Kirbee Lawler scarf!
lunching in Queenstown | Feather & Noise pants, thrifted in Queenstown Mela Purdie tunic, Dog & Boy scarf, Calvin Klein jacket, Ziera leather kicks, with Dior silk scarf hairbow
Boyo wears Natives, activewear shorts, Jay Jays Pokemon cap and Cookie Time hoodie bought on holiday
Did you have a favourite outfit? I can’t decide!
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style and beauty post and let’s get this party started!
Some comment love for other Glam Squad members would be much appreciated. I have this little rule when I’m reading blogs. If I’ve read it, and I liked it, I share it! Simples! All about sharing the love.
Wardrobe Wednesday rules
- post any style-related post you like – style, beauty, what I wore, shopping tips, how to …
- please link just one blog post per person
- your post doesn’t need to be published on a Wednesday. Who doesn’t love some alliteration after all?
- I would just love it if you would share the love by commenting, pinning, sharing other linkers’ posts
- you’re very welcome to add the Wardrobe Wednesday button to your post or sidebar
- Grab the Wardrobe Wednesday button code
- Check out the Kimba Likes Wardrobe Wednesday Pinterest board