After years of trying various haircuts and growing it long, then cutting it short, only to repeat the process ad nauseaum, not to mention the years of daily washing, wet hair brushed into a ponytail that was still wet in the evening, and torturous blowdrying and straightening, I have discovered the perfect ‘do for me. It works with my natural curls, is exceedingly versatile and can even be styled largely by air drying. Who knew?
Why I love my bob
- Dries easily
- Minimal maintenance
- Doesn’t require vast quantities of product
- Can wash twice a week
- Is on trend without being fashionable
- Suits me and my style
- Works with curls – finally I appreciate having natural curls
- Can be easily straightened with a gHD
- Works with, not against, my cowlicks
- Suits hair accessories
- Has a retro cute vibe
- Can be airdryed
- I have fine hair with a natural curl and shedloads of both – this ‘do works perfectly for my hair type
Of course, now that my hairstyle is particularly fashionable at the moment – it’s the Great Gatsby influence – I’ve decided to stop wearing it in 20s inspired styles every single day because I can style it more with a nod to the 60s style of bob, or a WWII Rosie the Riveter, or a 50s lady who lunches. As you do. It’s still retro cute, so that works for me.
I get my hair cut by Zoe King at Stevie English Hair Glebe. I think I’m up to four, or is it five, recommendations now. Everyone I’ve sent to see Zoe and Stevie English Hair absolutely raves about the experience.
To maintain my hair, I use Original Mineral products. I wash with Original Detox shampoo, followed by Hydrate & Conquer shampoo and conditioner. Every second wash, I condition with Seven Day Miracle Moisture Masque instead.
I squeeze my hair dry with a towel, apply Style Guru and comb it through. I leave it to air dry as much as possible, especially if I’m wearing it in a curly style. A little Frizzy Logic – my holy grail hair product – and some Original Queenie Firm Hold Hairspray. Not only is it in a sweet lolly pink can, it is the most workable hairspray ever and smells delicious.
I don’t usually use dry shampoo on the second day – just a good brush with my Tangle Teezer, maybe a touch of gHD action and a little Frizzy Logic. Style Guru is so amazing that it can be reactivated the following day. The little damp bits from my morning shower turn into gorgeous ringlets by the time I am applying my makeup and styling my hair.
On third and even fourth hair days, I use Toni & Guy Cleanse Dry Shampoo from the supermarket. It is the best one I’ve come across so far, and it is frequently on sale at my local supermarket. I still mourn my James Brown dry shampoo, which is no longer stocked in Priceline, and my Bastiste Nude, a unique non-aerosol powder formulation, in a squeezy bottle. David Jones no longer stock it, and I haven’t been successful in tracking down another stockist.
Original Mineral even have the best travel mini products I’ve ever seen. And they’re cute to boot!
Do you love your hair? Happy with your ‘do? Are you a wash every day kind of girl, or are you one of those lucky ones who can get a blowdry and still have perfect hair a week later?
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Images created by Kim-Marie Williams using PicMonkey
- Product images from OriginalMineral.com
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- I was not remunerated or compensated in any way, shape or form for this post. I recommend Original Mineral and Stevie English Hair because their combination really has changed the way I feel about my hair.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.